Sunday, September 23, 2012

Me, Back in the Day as a "Material Girl"

Now that the Halloween season is around the corner, I'm brainstorming on what to be this year.  If you are checking out to this blog, I imagine you probably are, too.  I figured I should share some of my costume ideas from the past if it might help someone out.  I am always looking on the internet for ideas by other people so that I can create my own costumes, so maybe I can inspire someone this year.

 Material Girl 
2007
DIY: Take Mardi Gras necklaces in pearl color (like Mardi Gras necklaces), cut them up at different lengths and twist them back together as bracelets and necklaces of different lengths.  I cut the neck off of that pink shirt to get it off of my shoulders, and I tied mesh ribbon onto a headband for my hairpiece.  I went out and bought a hair crimper for the occasion, too!  The gloves simply came from a Halloween costume store.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment